LITTLE WING LIGHTSPEED
LITTLE WING LIGHTSPEED
“A short and sweet, psychedelic treat, from the mad (and sometimes masochistic) mind of Mason Ho. LITTLE WING is a playful performance shortboard, focused on fun, every day, small to mid-sized surf.” Derived from one of our classic small wave boards, The Baby Buggy, LITTLE WING is a Mason tinged, direct descendant to that one time wildly popular board.
Designed and developed at his Psychedelic Majesties request, we started with one of Masons favorite, 5’6” Baby Buggy’s and built out from that chassis, retaining much of the elements that brought its small wave liveliness and re-worked it into something new and magical.Something to be experienced…
- The LITTLE WING experience features:
A short n wide outline, with plenty of speed generating and lift producing surface area, packed into a small but potent package.
- A full, forgiving nose and noticeable “hip” in the waist of the tail, which is wide and curvy at the front fins, but pulled in a bit, behind the rear fin, adding more precision cornering than the old Baby Buggy.
- Low, speedy entry rocker, for fast, out of the gate, down the line speed. Relaxed curve through the center and a more than a fair bit of tail lift, for quick release snappiness too.
- Soft, round, forgiving, “bally” rails, up front and through the center, tapering into fast, hard edges and a thin boxy tail.
- An almost “exaggeratingly” deep concave through the center of the board and an even more pronounced double concave though the fins. The deepest overall concave in our line of performance boards. The concaves create lift and pop, bringing sub-par and soft, playful surf to life, to radically elevate your small wave experience.
- Increased thickness through the centerline, carried forward into the nose, for drive and paddle- ability, with a moderately rolled deck, making for lower volume, soft, forgiving rails, designed for knifing in and carving 3D through the surface of the water.
- Featuring a slight double concave deck, in the tail, for Mason’s abhorrence of stick-on tail grips. The double concave deck gives added grip and a nice “broken in” feeling, right off the bat. Most people will still put a grip on, so we recommend one without an arch.
- Graphically, we abide by Mason’s vibe, as the freewheeling Voodoo Chile’ of surfing and we have packaged LITTLE WING up as an “Excuse me while I kiss the sky” psychedelic trip.
Walking through the clouds, riding with the wind…Fly on LITTLE WING.
5’2 18.00 2.20 22.00
5’4 18.25 2.25 23.00
5’5 18.40 2.28 24.00
5’6 18.63 2.32 25.00
5’7 18.88 2.36 26.00
5’8 19.13 2.38 27.00
5’9 19.38 2.42 28.25
5’10 19.63 2.45 29.50
5’11 19.88 2.50 31.00
6’0 20.13 2.53 32.00
6’1 20.38 2.56 33.00
6’2 20.50 2.60 34.50
6’3 20.75 2.65 36.00
6’4 21.00 2.70 37.50
6’6 21.50 2.75 40.00
LightSpeed is our proprietary surfboard construction built with lightweight EPS foam and high strength epoxy resin. LightSpeed uses a combination of Rapid-Reflex Carbon Fiber as well vibration dampening Innegra-Fibers, woven into the finest custom performance fiberglass cloth.
Like the name implies, LightSpeed is both light and exceptionally fast, allowing you to take your surfing to new levels of speed and Pro-formance. Developed in-house, our crew of board builders worked closely with our top Jr and WQS team riders to create the best possible technology for High Pro-formance small wave and every day surfing. After well over a year of testing various versions, and R&D with some of the world’s best young surfers, we are now making this exciting custom surfboard construction available to all.
LIGHT SPEED Custom Composite features:
Ultra-Light / Ultra-Lively Foam Core: Steam molded, High Strength-to-Weight Ratio, fused cell, water resistant, stringer-less EPS foam core.
High-Strength, Flexible, Impact Resistant, Epoxy Resin System. Woven Carbon Fiber Centerline “Stringer” (top and bottom): Engineered to add both strength and Rapid-Reflex “pop”, with just enough release to feel forgiving underfoot. The Carbon loads up under foot pressure, and springs upon release.
Fused Carbon, Tail Reinforcement Patches: Transfers more direct input into rail and adds strength.
Centerline Aligned Carbon “Exo-Stringers”: Enable natural Torsional Twist, similar to a wood stringer board, but lighter, and with a much faster reflex reaction and more “pop”.
Innegra Infused, Engineered Composite Fiberglass: A multi weave (6oz lengthwise, woven with 4oz, rail to rail) fiberglass, top and bottom, adds significant break strength, while keeping the boards Ultra-light and Ultra-lively.
5oz Warp-Weave Fiberglass: A multi weave (6oz lengthwise, woven with 4oz, rail to rail) fiberglass, top and bottom, adds significant break strength, while keeping the boards
Ultra-light and Ultra-lively.
LightSpeed – Light and exceptionally fast technology, allowing you to take your small wave and everyday surfing to new levels of speed and Pro-formance.